Off Site Work and Travel

Off-Site Work and Travel

Field WorkOff-Site Work and Travel


When traveling off-site for meetings and conferences, always refer to the LBL Travel Office website: Travel Office. In the event you have an accident or become ill while traveling, you should immediately contact:

  • 911 if it is an emergency.
  • Your healthcare provider
  • LBNL Health Services at 510-486-6266
  • Your supervisor
  • Your host organization
  • Team you are traveling with to help you with
    • Food
    • Obtaining necessary medication
    • Being a resource
  • In the event of an accident (private auto or rental), please submit an Accident Report as soon as possible

Field Work

When performing off-site field research, always make sure the work locations along with any hazards and controls are specified in an approved Work Activity. Field work hazards could include but are not limited to: electrical, fall (ladders and roofs), transportation of hazardous materials, and use of power tools. Contact the ETA Safety Manager, Ron Scholtz X8137, for assistance in developing a Work Activity. You can check the Work Activities you are currently assigned to by going to: Activity Manager.

Government Vehicles

All ETA personnel who drive government vehicles must be assigned to ETA Work Activity EA-0011 "Use of Government Vehicles" and complete FAC0021 "Government Vehicle Driver Briefing" training. Contact the ETA Safety Manager, Ron Scholtz X8137, if you need help being assigned to Work Activity EA-0011.