Visiting and Getting in Touch
Please note that tours of Berkeley Lab are currently canceled. This page includes information for visitors who are escorted and sponsored by a Lab employee, following all the protocols for a Lab visitor. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this important safety information. When touring a lab area, the following requirements must be followed:
- You must be escorted by an ETA representative at all times while in the lab area.
- Proper personal protective equipment must be worn when entering the lab areas. Please dress appropriately. This includes:
- Safety Glasses with sides shields
- Closed-toe shoes
- Long pants
- Lab area hazard placards are posted outside each lab and will be reviewed prior to entry.
- Do not touch surfaces or disturb equipment/lab experiments in the lab areas.
If you should have any questions about ETA's safety program, contact the ETA Safety Manager, Ron Scholtz.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) is one of 17 National Labs operated by the Department of Energy. The Lab is located in a secure area above the University of California, Berkeley, campus. Visitors must have a sponsor to enter the site.
Address & Phone / Fax
Energy Technologies Area
1 Cyclotron Road, MS 90R3111
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone: (510) 486-7877
A scientist or staff member must sponsor your visit to Berkeley Lab. For more information, including how to get here, building access, gate information and more, please visit: ps.lbl.gov/site-access/
Maps and Directions to Berkeley Lab
Locate an Employee
Berkeley Lab Staff Directory: phonebook.lbl.gov
Energy Technologies Area Staff Directory: eta.lbl.gov/staff
Please contact Ron Scholtz, ETA Safety Manager, Energy Technologies Area