ETA lab area personnel work with a number of hazards including hazardous chemicals, high-powered lasers, and radiation generating equipment. Here are some of the lab area worker safety responsibilities:
- Complete and follow the requirements listed your assigned Work Activities.
- Complete all assigned safety training.
- Complete "on the job" training and instruction regarding specific hazardous tasks in your lab area.
- Promptly report unsafe conditions to your work lead or supervisor.
- Report all injuries immediately to your supervisor.
- Know the locations of emergency equipment in your work area. This includes emergency shower/eyewash, fire extinguisher, and spill cleanup supplies.
- Wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Evacuate your work area when emergency alarms sound.
- Keep your work area clean and orderly at all times.